ACCUSED is #1 New Drama of 2023 and SPECIAL FORCES: WORLD’S TOUGHEST TEST
Ranks as Season’s #1 New Unscripted Program
Post-Super Bowl LVII Season Two Premiere of Hit Gordon Ramsay Series NEXT LEVEL CHEF
Marks Most-Watched Cooking Telecast in Television History
Freshman Comedy ANIMAL CONTROL Delivers FOX’s Most-Streamed Debut Ever
FOX Also Ranks #1 Across Adults 18-34, Adults 25-54 and Teens
FOX is set to wrap the 2022-23 season as the #1 ranked broadcast network, averaging a 1.1 Live + 7 Day rating among Adults 18-49, outpacing the closest competition by 22%, the largest lead for a network in three years. FOX’s drama ACCUSED ranks as 2023’s #1 series in the category, while SPECIAL FORCES: WORLD’S TOUGHEST TEST is ‘22’-‘23’s #1 new unscripted series, marking the fifth consecutive season FOX has claimed television’s top-ranked new unscripted program.
FOX’s hit Gordon Ramsay Series NEXT LEVEL CHEF delivered 18.5 multi-platform million viewers in its post-Super Bowl LVII Season Two premiere, marking the most-watched cooking telecast in television history. The first-year comedy ANIMAL CONTROL, starring and executive produced by Joel McHale, posted FOX’s most-streamed series debut ever.
FOX’s 2022-23 entertainment programming ratings highlights include:
- FOX (1.1 L7 rating) ranks #1 season-to-date among Adults 18-49, with a +22% margin over #2 NBC – the biggest lead for any network in three years (since FOX last had the Super Bowl in 2019/20, ranking #1 by a +27% margin vs. #2 NBC).
- FOX (1.1 L7)
- NBC (0.9 L7)
- CBS (0.7 L7)
- ABC (0.6 L7)
- FOX ranks as the #1 broadcast network in the demo this season on five of seven nights (Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday) – more than any other network.
- FOX has ranked #1 on Wednesdays for 19 out of the last 20 seasons.
- FOX also ranks #1 across Adults 18-34, Adults 25-54 and Teens.
- ACCUSED (0.6 L7, 4.1 million P2+ L7) is this year’s #1 new drama in Adults 18-49, averaging 6.5 million total multiplatform viewers, up +157% from Live + Same Day.
- Its series premiere was television’s highest-rated and most-watched debut in nearly two years (since NBC’s Law & Order: Organized Crime, 4/1/21), marking FOX’s sixth consecutive year with the highest-rated launch in the demo during the month of January.
- Additionally, ACCUSED is FOX’s highest-rated, most-watched and most-streamed drama debut in three years over 7 days across Hulu and FOX NOW (since 9-1-1: LONE STAR, 1/19/20).
- SPECIAL FORCES: WORLD’S TOUGHEST TEST (0.5 L7) ranks as the #1T new unscripted series season-to-date, FOX’s fifth consecutive season with the #1 new unscripted series (joining NEXT LEVEL CHEF-21/22, I CAN SEE YOUR VOICE-20/21, LEGO MASTERS-19/20 and THE MASKED SINGER-18/19).
- SPECIAL FORCES (0.6 A18-49) also ranks as this season’s #1 unscripted series debut, while it averages 4.4 million multiplatform viewers, more than double of its L+SD audience (+144%).
- The post-Super Bowl LVII Season Two premiere of NEXT LEVEL CHEF registered 18.5 million multi-platform viewers, making it the most-watched cooking series telecast in television history and highest-rated and most-watched entertainment series telecast in two years.
- Just renewed for its third and fourth seasons, NEXT LEVEL CHEF is averaging 6.1 million multi-platform viewers, a lift of +105% from LSD.
- The debut of FOX’s all-new comedy ANIMAL CONTROL, starring and executive produced by Joel McHale, was FOX’s most-streamed debut (2.7 million viewers across Hulu and FOX NOW) in network history and most-watched (3.4 million) comedy telecast since the series finale of Last Man Standing (5/20/21, excluding post-NFL).
- Renewed for a second season, it is FOX’s most-streamed new series this season to-date (2.1 million viewers, eleven-episode avg), while across all platforms, it averages 4.6 million viewers, more than tripling (+245%) its L+SD audience.
- Season Eight of THE MASKED SINGER (1.1 L7) was Fall’s #1 unscripted entertainment series for the fourth straight year.
- THE CLEANING LADY and 9-1-1 have led FOX to win seven out of nine Monday nights with originals this season, while 9-1-1 (1.0 L7) is this season-to-date’s #1T broadcast drama.
ABOUT FOX ENTERTAINMENT
With a legacy spanning more than 35 years, FOX Entertainment is one of the world’s most recognizable media brands and a prolific content producer across its iconic broadcast network and both owned and third-party streaming platforms. Known for its independent, innovative spirit and provocative, groundbreaking storytelling, the company was reinvented in 2019 with the formation of FOX Entertainment. While maintaining its leadership in broadcast television (THE SIMPSONS, THE CLEANING LADY, HELL’S KITCHEN, LEGO MASTERS), the company is actively building a portfolio of businesses and library of owned original content. To date, FOX Entertainment’s long-term growth strategy has included the acquisitions of award-winning animation studio Bento Box Entertainment (BOB’S BURGERS, THE GREAT NORTH, KRAPOPOLIS, GRIMSBURG), entertainment platform TMZ, and global production studio MarVista Entertainment (The Way Home), as well as the formation of the culinary and lifestyle content venture Studio Ramsay Global (NEXT LEVEL CHEF, GORDON RAMSAY’S FOOD STARS) in partnership with Gordon Ramsay. The company also established its in-house unscripted studio FOX Alternative Entertainment (THE MASKED SINGER, I CAN SEE YOUR VOICE, NAME THAT TUNE) and FOX Entertainment Studios (ANIMAL CONTROL) to develop scripted content, worldwide content sales unit FOX Entertainment Global.
SOURCE: Nielsen Live + 7 Days, 9/19/22-4/30/23 broadcast season; FOX Entertainment Research MultiPlatform Ad Hoc Reporting, P2+ Average Audience viewing through 5/7/23.